Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My Favorite Color Might Be...Chrome.

Again I had the logging in problem. After waiting awhile I decided to do what the powers that be at Blogger suggested, which was to try signing in on another browser. Which required that I download another browser. I chose to try Google Chrome. I figured that Blogger is a Google product, Chrome is a Google Product and after 2 days of troubles, I needed every edge.

Before I made up my mind that possibly IE8 is part of the problem, I just went and tried logging in on it. No luck, and I am logged in on Chrome. Apparently something was added to Blogger, and communication between Blogger and Internet Explorer 8 has been affected. Then again, lately I've been having problems with that browser in other ways. Too many "can't display web pages" and according to Microsoft diagnostics my Firewall is blocking some functions of that browser. Hello? It's the only browser I've ever used and it's a Microsoft product so what in the blue blazes are they talking about?

I take that back, I tried Firefox back in 2007 or so and my IE browser kept trying to kick it out. I had major problems between the two of them so I got rid of it.

I haven't tried videos on this browser yet. On IE, I have trouble playing some of them and I don't think I should because my download speed is fast enough, so I'm beginning to wonder if it's that browser. I'll find out in a bit. I need to explore what this baby comes with. It seems pretty decent, but I do have one complaint. It didn't come with Trace Adkins.

15 comments:

  1. Let us know how you like chrome after using it for awhile. I haven't tried it yet, still 95% Firefox and 5% IE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skinny,

    So far I'm finding it works faster for me. I can now watch Vevo versions of youtube videos where I couldn't before without a lot of stops. I can even use the new version of twitter without the "can't display the web page" stupidity.

    All parts of Blogger work faster and all widgets are downloading without leaving the blank spots IE was leaving, requiring a refresh the page.

    It imported all bookmarks and placed them in alphabetical order. BONUS! I can find stuff. LOL

    I can also have more than one page open at a time without affecting downloads. I have been blaming my satellite connection for these problems. Maybe it's been my browser all along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherry....have been trying to tell everyone to go to Chrome....been on it for about a year now I think...uninstalled firefox a long time ago...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sherry:

    I am surprised that Google chose the name "Chrome" for the browser. Chrome is so yesterday. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been on Chrome for a while now, and it seems be better in some ways. Like with videos.........

    EVERYTHING goes better with Trace!!!!!! That boy's hotter than fish grease! I would also add that if he has any tattoos, I'd like to try and lick 'em off, but I thought that was overkill.

    ReplyDelete
  6. TAB,

    I am quickly coming to the conclusion that you were right. Next time yell louder when you're trying to tell us something. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fringe,

    I'm duly impressed with it so far, but will give it another day before I list the particulars.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whit,

    Chrome may be yesterday, but it's beating IE for me hour by hour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Slick,

    Chrome loads faster for me and plays vids all the way through without skips and pauses. I oughtta know, I watched every Trace Adkins video I could find on Youtube today.

    Fish grease???? I love that. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogger has given me a bunch of problems lately, sometimes its signing on or eating my comments, especially the long ones that I fail to copy before trying to post.

    Maybe I will try Chrome, I use Firefox right now and it can't hurt.

    Listed you on my blogroll.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot to add, I'm still having problems commenting on certain sites, finally found a way around it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had the same problem with IE, on Blogger and elsewhere. Not good for my blood pressure. I recently tried Chrome also. I like Chrome much better so far. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beach Bum,

    I'm pretty impressed with Chrome, but I'm also not the most geeky person on two feet. I've never had a problem commenting, it just fails to allow me to log in at all on IE.

    LOL, I was positive I listed you in my Treasures, apparently I forgot to click SAVE again. Of all the things I've lost, I truly do miss my mind the most. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bupu2,

    Yepper, my BP doesn't need the aggravation at all.

    You have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete