Saturday, May 14, 2016

Got Up Offa That Thang!

Despite the emotional upheaval involved in the depth of self examination that I am asked to do during this journey, I seem to have acquired a sense of something I'm having difficulty defining. Yesterdays weigh in found that I am down another pound and a half which makes the 19 day total 6.5 pounds. All other numbers are coming down and the yoga and walking seem to be translating into inches lost since my jeans are quite baggy around hips and thighs. 

I'm enjoying, not just the weight loss, but the learning involved in this process. I'm learning the science of nutrition and exercise and learning things about myself that I probably knew but dismissed through all these years. About a week ago I stopped doing something. I stopped most of the negative self talk and started finding the ability to say that I made a mistake and I need to accept that and move on. 

My husband had asked me to do something and I forgot it. When he came home and asked me if I had done it I told him I forgot and would do it then. I stopped what I was doing and went to do what he'd asked of me without justifying myself while he nagged at me. Got it all done, handed him the finished product, asked if he needed anything else and apologized again. That is so not me. I usually get mad at myself and spit and sputter and then end up bickering with my husband when he nags. Not this time, don't know why the change for sure but suspect it has something to do with eating a lot less sugar and learning to feel that I don't need to be perfect. 

There is a lot less joint pain although the stiffness when I first get out of bed is still there. I added some bone strengthening yoga positions to the ones I've learned to do at the beginning of this program. I started those yesterday and was a little sore this morning and my legs felt stiffer than normal. 

I had a wonderful experience this morning. I was dusting, got down on my knees on the floor to dust teh bottom shelf under the TV stand. Didn't hesitate, never asked myself if I could get up if I got down there. I just did it and got up very easily. Next thing I know I could be dancin' in the streets. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss and for sticking with this program and for the positive changes that have been made. :-)

    ReplyDelete