Saturday, September 17, 2016

I Need An Energizer Bunny

It's been  a highly stressful week. Things kind of popped open and we now have everything we need to get the property to the point where we can move. I'd like it to happen before Christmas but we did find we have to change a utility pole. The home dealer says we need to get hold of National Grid this week because they take forever to do their part. They have to mark the spot where the new pole will go and then hook it into the power grid. This may delay the move until Spring.

I don't care. It's a reality now. We have the land, the mobile home with a custom designed kitchen, the permits to begin work. All paid for and with enough left over to pay for the new pole.

I have to start sorting and packing and I'm goofing off right now to energize myself for the ordeal.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Honest.

Would I lie?


I'm going to miss my neighbor the beef farmer. 

And the wide open spaces across the road from me. 


But, I'm going to love living without any monthly rental except for the taxes. And the upkeep. Since I own my own home except it's on someone else's land and my new home is in far newer condition I'm thinking the upkeep will be mostly things I want to improve on instead of fix. Money saved by getting rid of the landline that was costing us this much money every month can be saved for improvements. We're now officially a cell phone only family but we still say no to smart phones. 




I suppose I'd better get to work. *sigh*


6 comments:

  1. Exciting times for you and I am so happy you will soon be on the move!! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went from not having any prospects at all to home ownership in 3 hours last Monday. Then it was a matter of praying we could get town approval before we had to decline the home. I actually couldn't eat I was so stressed.

      Delete
  2. Congrats
    You deserve to enjoy a new beginning.
    the Ol'Buzzard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to it even if the process is tiring. It's going to be so worth it.

      Delete
  3. I'm happy for you and I hope they don't take forever to get your power pole up. I can't even imagine having to pack up and move now. I would probably just throw it all out on the street and start over hahaha :-) Sorry it took me so long to get to this post. I was up in Indiana for my aunt's funeral.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We may have some good news about the utility pole. We may not have to replace it which means we could be in the home by Nov 1. It appears that the electrician who was supposed to look at it didn't. He just told us he did and that we'd have to replace it. We're going to have the dealer's electrician look at it. Keeping my fingers crossed.

      Delete